Saturday 7 February 2009

Love Screen shots?

I am pleased to say that I now write for www.gamerlimit.com, an excellent site dedicated to console gaming and bringing fresh news and interesting articles. I hope to see you all over there sometime (but i'll still be posting on my blog so don't touch that mouse).

Here's a screen shot I took a while ago whilst having a blast on the brilliant Battlefield 2. Thought I'd share it.





Get two childish gamers, one "attack here" instruction and smoke, lay down, look like you're leaking brown gas out of your backside. Also there's a TRIPLE TEAMKILL being reported. I loved the Blue on Blue element of BF2, artillery was so destructive, to both sides!


This got me thinking about other screenshots I might have hidden away somewhere and I quickly came across these:



My buddy in arms, the mighty Machinet took offence to the comments of one particular flyboy and staged a brilliant "protest".






The very essence of BF2, a convoy roles out of base. It's worth noting that this convoy would have been completely spur of the moment and completely unforced by the gameplay.




"Honey, where did we park the chopper?"




Ever the masters of disguise and camouflage, this particular soldier adopts the "Scarecrow Camo" approach. Actually this was a rare glitch in the game that made him run around with his arms straight out like a child pretending to be an aeroplane.


Speaking of planes, (and helicopters for that matter) pilots would sometimes eject without letting the passengers know, dooming the less observant (i.e gunners) to a brief encounter with the ground. This led to this excellent poster from the Ministry of Defence...





Finally, just for variety... have you ever felt like you weren't alone? Like someone was watching you? My Sims did.... and they were right.


That's all for now. Thanks for reading, I'll see you all on the Battlefield soldier!

Gavinox



UNOFFICIAL RULES OF GAMING #3: Secret Doors and destructible walls are a slightly different colour to their surroundings....

No comments:

Post a Comment